Hi there! 🙂
Bubba is 6 months old today!
It’s honestly a bit shocking to me, I just had him!
He had his 6 month checkup and he is a whopping 19 pounds 10.5 ounces. He can mostly sit up unassisted (if he doesn’t know you’ve let go), roll from back to front and front to back, scoot, and get himself into mischief.
- Pretending to drink out of my water bottle or La Croix can
- Attempting to eat his toes
- Watching fans
- Looking in the mirror
- Watching his shadow
- Being tickled
- Playing Peek-A-Boo
- Playing with stuffed animals
- Playing with stacking cups
- Music (especially the Moped song)
- Interfering when New Crunchy Daddy and I touch each other, at all (HOW DARE WE? I mean really!)
- Pulling my hair
- Stealing food
- Stealing New Crunchy Daddy’s glasses
- Sucking in his bottom lip
- Licking the polls at the playground
- Making dinosaur noises
- Peeing on his own face, or attempting to, while in the bathtub
- Sticking his hands in his poop while I am trying to change his diaper
- Other babies and kids
- Giving me mini heart attacks
- Farting in the grocery store, with an old lady behind us. (IT. NEVER. FAILS.)
Bubba doesn’t like:
- Being in trouble
- Being told he is in trouble (I don’t know which is worse, honestly)
- Daddy leaving in the mornings
- Daddy going to bed
- Me unlatching him because he bit the crap out of my nipple
- His ears being cleaned or touched
- Loud noises when he is sleepy
- Diapers (I’m raising a nudist, apparently)
- Me having a shirt on/uneasy access to boobs (see above)
- The carseat (He believes it to be the devil)
- Being told no. “No, you cannot eat that bug. No, you cannot suffocate yourself with that blanket. No, you cannot ingest your poop.” Etc, etc, etc.
- Me taking a shower or going to the bathroom.
- Having boogers taken away.
- Having clothing put on
- Sleeping in “baby dresses” (sleepers with no leg holes)
In other news, he’s now got two teeth on the bottom. They are sharp.
He’s also started solids and tried winter squash, peach and avocado. He wasn’t impressed with any of them.
We have suspected for a while that he might have red hair. Since it has grown out a bit, our suspicion has been confirmed.
Yes, you read that right. I have a blue-eyed, red-headed child. Heaven help me.
New Crunchy Mom